How can we improve Design Master?

Support Paralleled Generators Connected to Switchboard

DM does not currently support more than one source on the Normal side of an ATS or the EM side of ATS, however larger I-2, I-3 occupancies generally have paralleled generators connected to a switchboard. This feature would avoid cumbersome work arounds.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rpennell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Solomon Williams commented  · 

This might be more useful if you could have more than one source for a BUS device. We often model multi-section switchboards as separate pieces of equipment, with the first section as either a gutter (if it's MLO) or as an enclosed breaker (for a main). Having a BUS that allowed multiple inputs would make either of these possible.

Similarly, we recently had a project with an existing MDP with a main but no capacity. We needed to add a second MDP, but the power utility would not strike the building more than once and the existing transformer was the largest one they normally stock. The solution was to place a second transformer in parallel, join them in a junction enclosure, then bring in separate service entrances for the two MDPs. his would again be easier to model if we had a bus gutter that allowed multiple inputs as well as outputs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base