How can we improve Design Master?

Default Lighting and Fault Current Schedules

Give us the ability to set default styles/values for fault current and lighting fixture schedules so we don't have to recreate them for every project.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Monte DePouw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminDavid Robison (President, Design Master Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see--you can set defaults for these settings, but it is a bit buried. Go to DM Electrical->Customization->Labels->Standards and Master Lists->Edit Fault Schedule Standards List and Edit Light Fixture Schedule Standards List. You can set the defaults there.

You can also use the DM Electrical->Customization->Labels->Copy Project Lists to Standards and Master command to take an existing project with good settings and save it for future projects.

• Monte DePouw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't typically show X/R ratios in my fault current calcs and it takes time when entering a fault schedule to unselect each X and R value. I would like to make a selection onetime in the standards database and not have to unselect X/R ratios in each project.
        Similar in lighting fixture schedule I don't use 3 manufactures so I unselect them. As Designmaster progressed the database format changed and our master lighting fixture databases don't match the current format. The old fixture mounting now occurs under notes #1. We have to de-select both mounting columns, select note #1 and then rename it mounting. I would like the ability to set the columns that I use one time in the standards database.

Feedback and Knowledge Base