How can we improve Design Master?

Canadian Electrical Code Capability

As the word of this software is increasing in Canada, it would be a good idea to have the capabilities of incorporating the Canadian Electrical Code into Design Master.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Haydar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryant commented  · 

I am thinking these are referencing a panel schedule that does CEC load calcs. I have a spreadsheet that does CEC load calcs if you want to take a look. It is very similar to the dwelling alternate method but has some rules on EV, on demand water heaters, minimum loads for ranges, and a whole bunch of loads that are not included if too small.

• Bryant commented  · 

You would be better starting out with the CEC load calcs for residential. If is just about as easy as the US optional method. since I do a lot of Bahamas homes they all use the CEC and I have to use a spreadsheet for that and then create a panel schedule that doesn't show yours. I could send you my spreadsheet and it will show you the 4 or 5 calculations you need for residential CEC. It really is pretty easy.

• AdminDavid Robison (President, Design Master Software) commented  · 

What differences exist in the Canadian Electrical Code from the NEC that are not addressed by Design Master Electrical? We haven't added anything like this partly because we know that we don't know what we would be doing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base