How can we improve Design Master?

Canadian Electrical Code Capability

As the word of this software is increasing in Canada, it would be a good idea to have the capabilities of incorporating the Canadian Electrical Code into Design Master.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Haydar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the new load calculation format for your schedules, I wonder if the CEC residential load calcs would be easier to add? Have a house right now with 10 panels with generator and ATS. I have to remove all the schedules on the panel and then put a spreadsheet under it. Took 2 days to coordinate. Now they are doing a VE and will now have to spend 2 days re-coordinating. The CEC is based on sq ft. It only counts appliances over 1.5kW at 25%. The only tricky thing is you have to have at least 6kW allocated to a range. They also have a slightly different method of doing HVAC calcs. CEC tries to make things easier than the NEC for residential.

I am thinking these are referencing a panel schedule that does CEC load calcs. I have a spreadsheet that does CEC load calcs if you want to take a look. It is very similar to the dwelling alternate method but has some rules on EV, on demand water heaters, minimum loads for ranges, and a whole bunch of loads that are not included if too small.

You would be better starting out with the CEC load calcs for residential. If is just about as easy as the US optional method. since I do a lot of Bahamas homes they all use the CEC and I have to use a spreadsheet for that and then create a panel schedule that doesn't show yours. I could send you my spreadsheet and it will show you the 4 or 5 calculations you need for residential CEC. It really is pretty easy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base