How can we improve Design Master?

Give the option to disable copying of IES files to the project directory

Introduce an option into the standard options that allows disabling the feature of copying IES files to the project folder. The number of IES files introduced into the project directories causes serious clutter.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Carrico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it is better to have a sub-file location for all IES files that DM recognizes. So when I want to pull an IES file on a project I can go select from that file. Once selected it will then store it in the project directory. But, I will say thanks for making that an option in which I will be the first to turn it off. I now have about 40 project folders with the same ies files in them.

• Stephen Federle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a network location option / disable copy option for this would be much better and allow companies to handle these files as they wish.

• Christy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The copying of IES files is creating needless confusion and is not consistent with our project directory format. Now time is actually added because someone has to delete these files.

Feedback and Knowledge Base